Welcome November...We are so THANKFUL you are here!!!
I Love November....the leaves all turned beautiful shades of yellow, orange, red, & brown.....the smell of the earth preparing for Winter, the sounds of leaves crunching underneath our feet...pictures of HUGE piles of leaves saying "come jump into me, come jump into me" :) And, most of all...I Love that November provides us time to focus on being THANKFUL!
This month in our room we will talking about being Thankful too....and it always makes me smile to hear what those little voices say they want to Thank GOD for :) I'm hoping to share some of those words here soon :) But, until then....I want to encourage your families to take that journey this month......
It's simple....here's a couple ideas that might help....
* Get a cheap little notebook...that can sit at your dinner table...and after talking about ALL the ways GOD blesses us...each night at dinner everyone could have a turn to tell something they were thankful for that day to be written in the "Thankful Journal" :D (How fun would that be to do every November..and look back on as the years pass and those babies grow !!!)
* Make cards to mail to people in your lives that you are THANKFUL for :) I know little ones LOVE to draw pictures, sharing their words about their creations...and putting things in the mail!!
* Before bedtime each evening....encourage everyone to simply say something they are THANKFUL for!
* Get a BIG piece of paper...and make it a counting game....See how many things you can be thankful for by the end of the month....each day add as many things as your family can ...maybe it could even cover the side of your fridge :)
I can't help but smile as I think the ways your hearts will be warmed as you spend time this month GIVING THANKS!!!
And, let me just start by saying...I AM THANKFUL for each of YOU and your precious children in our class this year!!! Happy Counting.....And...many Sweet blessings!
P.S. Feel free to push the comment button and share something you are thankful for here on this blog too :)
I am Thankful for you Miss Tammy and Miss Veronica. You two have helped Brocc come out of his shell so much and I love watching him grow and learn new things in school. Thank you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAwwww...Raeann, THANK YOU for your sweet words...you truly bless our hearts! Sweet blesings!
Delete